Wordless Wednesday : A Rendezvous @ My Favourite Place for Breakfast in Ipoh Old TownDecember 14, 2011 | 9,700 views
1. Dry Curry Noodles @ Nam Chau, Old Town – Despite the unforgiving brickbats from some quarters, I still think this is the BEST in Ipoh, as far as dry curry noodles are concerned. Don’t argue. If you think otherwise, that’s fine. Taste is subjective.
2. You feel that it’s no longer authentic, original or simply “cheated” because the cooks are not locals? Don’t be. They’re good at doing what they do best; dishing up plates after plates of the signature noodles.
3. Fried Sesame Bun with Pandan Lotus Paste – A delightful snack very seldom seen anywhere else.
4. White coffee and “Cham” (mixture of milk tea and coffee) are but the signature beverages of Nam Chau, and most coffee shops in old town, generally.
5. Curry paste so thick, you taste every bit of it clinging to the noodles. This, is the REAL deal.
6. Shredded chicken, slices of lean char siew, and a prawn or two. Pretty stingy though, given the already increased RM4.00/USD1.30 price tag. But I’m a sucker for Ipoh dry curry mee, and at Nam Chau, I KNOW that I will be satiated.
And why Wordless Wednesday? (Okay, almost wordless). Truth is, I am burnt out. Suffering from an onslaught of mishaps (fever, sore throat, flu, fatigue, diarrhea, etc), and tremendous tasks at hand before the year ends, Motormouth is close to shutting down.
I need a break. A damn long one.
Thank goodness I am making my way back to Ipoh this weekend. Again. I will definitely keep my spirits (and appetite) up. Pray for me.